Friday, February 13, 2009

Useful Discovery - Free Public Records Directory

I stumbled upon this useful website today while working with NAI's Corporate Services on a project for Flying J. The website is Public Records Free Directory and was extremely useful. My project involved gathering data on 50-odd Flying J properties. I needed to know total acreage, parcel numbers, and true-market value. By going to the Public Records Free Directory site and selecting the State and then the County, I was able to find a phone number to the Assessor's Office in each county. Once I had the number I gave them a call and asked for the information I needed on each Flying J property. All the Assessor's Office needed from me was a simple address and they were able to give me all the information I needed!

Also, almost every Assessor's Office had their own website (linked through the Public Records Free Directory website) where I was able to pull up some kind of map/parcel viewer and get some great aerial views of the properties.

If you are doing any kind of work for a national company, this is a great resource.

1 comment:

Nathaniel W. Wayman said...

Very insiteful! Your new post showed up on my google alerts that is pretty cool!